Enforcement Of Family Law Orders & Violations

Contact Us For A
Free Consultation

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

When family law arrangements are created, it is with the expectation that they will be followed by each of the involved parties. This includes paying the full spousal or child support in a timely manner, as well as picking up and dropping off the children on time. However, if your ex or the other parent to your children is not following those arrangements, you have the right to hold him or her accountable.

At the law office of Amy M. Levine & Associates, we represent clients throughout Ohio and West Virginia who are in contempt of court. Although enforcement and contempt are similar, they are not identical.

  • Contempt: The family law courts use contempt to enforce actions that may be easily taken by one party. The court has a great array of contempt powers that may be used to gain compliance, including incarceration, paying the other party's attorney fees and fines.
  • Enforcement: Enforcement of orders is an additional legal means through which the court may gain compliance of the party who is not abiding the court orders. Where enforcement is used to motivate action, contempt is used as a punishment for failing to comply with the agreed-upon arrangements.

Columbus Family Lawyers Handling Enforcement And Contempt Matters

If you have questions about your legal options when another person is failing to adhere to your support or custody arrangements, we can help. Learn more about the counsel we provide by scheduling a free initial consultation. We can be reached through our online contact form or by calling our Columbus office at 614-360-2942 or our Huntington office at 304-519-4354.