Division Of Retirement Accounts

Contact Us For A
Free Consultation

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

The two things people are typically most concerned about during divorce is what will happen with their children and what will happen with their assets. At the law office of Amy M. Levine & Associates, we represent individuals throughout Ohio and West Virginia at every step of the divorce process, helping them determine child custody and property division matters.

The firm's founding attorney, Amy Levine, has an LL.M. in business and taxation, and her knowledge and understanding of finances and financial documents give our team a unique perspective in the division of retirement accounts. We work with financial experts and accountants to ensure all retirement accounts are accurately valuated, and we work closely with our clients to ensure they understand their options and the possible ramifications of any choice.

What Is A Qualified Domestic Relations Order?

Qualified domestic relations orders (also called a QDROs) are used to divide retirement accounts during divorce. The QDRO helps ensure the alternate payee receives an ownership stake in his or her ex-spouse's pension plan or retirement account. When we represent clients, we help ensure their QDROs comply with the Employee Retirement Income Security Act (ERISA) guidelines.

Contact An Experienced Columbus Lawyer

When individuals contact us, we educate them about the tax implications of dividing their accounts, the differences between accounts that are in the state versus public sector, and other elements that could affect their asset division. To learn more about the counsel we provide to individuals, schedule a free initial consultation. We can be reached through an online contact form or by calling our Columbus office at 614-360-2942 or our Huntington office at 304-519-4354.